Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Welcome to the TxRG Blog

This blog was born just after the 2006 New Year. I've been absolutely fascinated by the Rollergirl phenomenon. And since I live in Austin, Texas, I thought it would be a great oppurtunity to get involved & blog about the Rollergirl culture here. Afterall, I feel sort of lucky to live in "Rollergirl Mecca" where there are 2 kick-ass roller derby teams, (one flat track, the other banked), that have been featured in the film documentary "Hell on Wheels" and now the A&E reality show Rollergirls.

Being born & mostly raised in Austin, I live here in the Texas Capital with my own family. Back in the 80's, I LIVED at the Roller Rink. Then I evolved into skateboards (& skaterboys...lol). However, I got back on skates again last year for the first time in over 15 years. (I just turned 30.) And I had so much fun, I've been hooked ever since. I am not a Rollergirl, but I would literally wet my panties at the oppurtunity to be one. Maybe with A LOT more practice, I may even try out someday. But in the meantime, I'll have to live vicariously through the tough skate bitches of Austin.

And in turn, you can live vicariously through me. I plan on attending as many matches & events that I can this season......with camera in hand. I'll update the blog with as up-to-date news as I can. I'll do a snarky recap after each Rollergirl episode. Basically, I hope to bring the very cool world of Austin Rollergirls to others who can't be here.

Check back often & take care.

No comments: