Monday, January 30, 2006

Putas beat Holy Rollers: 83 to 39


Last nights bout between the Putas Del Fuego & the Holy Rollers was amazing. The Putas just steamrolled a handicapped Holy Roller team. And the results spoke for themselves. This battle was not even close. The Putas spanked, quite literally, the Rollers by 44 points.



All of my shitty, grainy pictures are below. Just FYI, if you see the Lonestar Rollergirls live, you can only bring in a disposable camera. I bought the best disposable camera I could find, but it still sucked. Out of 25 pics, only 15 are "clear" & "viewable"...with major PhotoShop editting. And out of those 15, there are only 2 or 3 pics that are "decent". And by "decent" I mean that they don't completely suck ass.

BTW, this post is nothing but pictures from last night. I'll be posting a complete summary about the match tomorrow.

Okay, so even though we bought tickets before hand, we waited in a long, fucked up line. (I'll rant about that tomorrow.) So by the time we got in, there were absolutely NO seats. And once we got a much needed Lonestar Beer, standing room only was absolutely fucking miserable. But we're troopers, so we just went with it.

About 5 minutes into the skater introductions, I developed my "Master Half-Time Plan". I figured that once the 1st half was over, everyone would dash for beer, bathrooms & the smoking section during the break. And as people abandoned their posts, I'd sneak up to the front. Mua-ha-ha-ha! And it worked for the most part. Instead of standing behind 4 assholes, I ended up behind only 1 really short guy. So I saved most of my film for the 2nd half. Besides...the 2nd half is usually when it gets all nuts anyway.

The only thing that absolutely SUCKED was that I met both Catalac AND Clownsnack but my dumb ass somehow managed not to get a single pic with either of them. DAMN IT! But I'll save those stories for tomorrow.

These are some of the very few pics I got of the beginning & 1st half:
The Putas line up for skater introductions. I believe Chola & Cha Cha went out 1st. This is Venis Envy waiting for her turn. Not sure who is behind her.

The blond at the very front is Jenacide, who either sprained or broke her ankle in the 2nd quarter & was out for the rest of the bout. The Puta facing the camera is Chingona, who was pretty awesome as a jammer. The girl behind her is a new Puta....Bones. I have absolutely no idea who is behind Bones, although it could be Punky Bruiser from the Holy Rollers, who was injured & was only there to support her team from the pits.

Next up for sk8er intros was the Holy Rollers. Out front is Smarty Pants, who really impressed the hell out of me. Next to her is Horrorshow, but I'll be damned if I can make out the 3rd girl. Mz. Behavin' maybe?

Okay, okay....I think I got it. From Right to Left, it's Smarty Pants, Horrorshow, Mz.Behavin', Helena Handbasket, & Axel Rosie. Lord only knows if that's right, but that's my story & I'm stickin' to it.

FUCK! More Holy Rollers I can't name right off the bat. (So sue me, I'm a Puta fan.) But no, I do like the Rollers. I was rooting for them both...especially once the Puta scoring went out of control. The Holy Rollers were really at a disadvantage with SMJ & Jailbait having moved off and Ms.Conduct & Punky on the benches with injuries.

I know, I know. Grainy as hell, but at least PhotoShop was able to "save it"...a little. At some point, I think maybe right before the 2nd half, Ms.Conduct walked up the track & got the crowd going.

See the scoreboard in the top right corner? This was somewhere in the 3rd quarter & already the Putas were just knockin' the Rollers around. Chola is the lead jammer. (It looks like the guy is pointing at her.) God that girl can fly around the track. She's is hands down my favorite. She's amazing to watch & she stole the show. When the crowd wasn't chanting "Putas, Putas!", they were screaming "Chola, Chola!"

I love this picture. Chola goes balls out when she's on the track. I don't know if you can see it, but that's a Holy Roller under Chola basically kneeing herself in the face. Look at the bigger version of the pic to see the detail.

This was a crash that happened around the 4th quarter that sent Chingona to the bottom of the track.

Repent! Repent to the Holy Rollers! And thou shalt be saved!

The Holy Rollers got no brakes all evening. Even though they were some 30 points behind, the Putas did what they could to keep the Rollers in the rail.

I think that is Heathen on the ground....just one of many nameless victims Chola left in her wake.

The game is over. Notice the scoreboard in the far right corner. Ouch! Cha Cha comes by for a victory lap. Damn railing! Would have been a nice shot if only that rail wasn't in the way. Ah, but wait...

...there we go. Thankfully, the girls took several victory laps...giving me enough time to push my way up front & finally get a decent shot.

And my very last picture of the evening. What is it of? I couldn't tell you. And this is WITH PhotoShops help. Hmmmm. I need to figure out a way to get my hands on one of their press passes.

No comments: