Thursday, February 16, 2006

2/12/06 Bout Pics: "It's Pose-tastic!!!"

Don't fuck with Miss Conduct. She will put you in a head lock...& that's just when she's being NICE. [grin]

So if you remember, the last bout was laced with several missed photo opportunities & really bad track action shots. Well, I was able to make up for that in this week's bout...somewhat. I got several posed pics with various people, however the track action pics were even WORSE this week, which is really frustrating. I friggin' hate cardboard cameras, but they are the only thing TXRD is currently letting in the venue, so what can I do.

But I'm just thankful they're letting in cameras in some form or another. I mean, shit like this is just too precious to miss out on...

The Hellcats & Rhinestone Cowgirls had a really close game. The whole thing was a much different experience from the Puta/Rollers bout 2 weeks ago. I'll do a full Bout Review about it very soon because I have a lot of stuff to dish about. So for now, just enjoy the pics.

This was the very 1st posed shot of the evening. We saw Chola several times cause she constantly floated from one busy errand to the next. I happened to catch site of her during the 1st half. She was standing, literally, on the t-shirt booth watching the game very intently. (So if you are wondering about the odd camera angle, that's why.) I point her out to my hubby, who immediately runs over to ask for a pic. She was cool about it, quickly posing & busting out a Puta sign.

The guy being sandwiched by these two Hellcats is my hubby, Jordon. By this time, J was running around like a crazy person with my $10 camera. (He had the fever!) The Hellcat mascots were very cool & very in character. I think J said some growling was involved, but he's a nut too so he just flowed with it, as you can tell.

The White Ghost Shivers were awesome. At one point, Lux was out there dancing along with a crowd of people. Check out their website for some videos. If you like old style ragtime, hillbilly-rockabilly, then they are probably right up your alley.

During half-time, I was walking back to my seat after checking out the Shivers for a little while. Then I realize that I'm walking like 10 feet behind Miss Conduct. And for a little petite thing, she fucking books it. I finally caught up to her & asked for a pic. She was like, "Of course, sure!!!" So while I'm pushing the button for the flash to come on, some guy comes up & wants her pic too. She says, (I love her for this), "Girls First!!!" I thrust my cam at the guy while Miss C grabs me by the neck & we thrust our devil horns out there like, "FUCK, YEAH...grrrrr!" It was so fun! She's a freakin' HOOT! Totally loved her. And in my excitement, I totally grabbed my camera from said guy & ran off, not even bothering to return the favor. I'm such a bitch....lol. (Plus by this time, Jordon was starting to gloat that he was getting much better pics than I was. So I had to sprint back & thumb my nose at him.....yeah, so I'm competitive.) :oÞ

I saw Redd Foxxie close to where we were sitting, so I dragged my hubby over with me & asked for a pic. Her boyfriend, I think, was the one who actually took the picture. They were both really cool about it & very friendly. Her bf actually took two pics, thank goodness, because I looked like I'd been smoking a little Sister Mary Jane in the first pic. And just because I do have a sense of humor about myself, I'll share my cheesetastic moment with you good people, (you could probably use the laugh anyway). Click if you dare...


My last posed pic of the evening is with Bones, one of the newest Putas. Apparently, I have a knack for ending up about 5 paces behind a random rollergirl out of nowhere. It happened with Miss Conduct, General Lee Fiesty, Honey Homicide, Lux, and Bones. I just happened to have camera on hand when I ended up behind Bones. I asked for a pic & she was very cool to do so. I attempted a hasty pic myself, which resulted in a nice shot of Bones. I, on the other hand, look like I got beat up. The flash is doing some crazy things with my face...I think my finger got in the way or something. Anyway, I also congratulated her on the big win against the Holy Rollers 2 weeks before.

Action Shots


I'm not sure what 1/2 of this stuff is. Jordon was my "man on the scene". (I think he was having fun playing reporter.) So he took most of these. I had to do a lot of photo fixing just to make them "viewable". (You should have seen them before I "fixed" them.) But here they are...see if you can make sense of them. These are in order taken, starting with Skater Intros.

1st Half:







2nd Half:





And finally.....just because we're total dorks...here are our before & after photos.

Before Lonestar:

After Lonestar:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Ryan duncan hockey